Sunday, July 28, 2013

Watermelon Otai Drink



Where has this drink been all my life??? I think this might turn into one of my favorite summer drinks, why? Because it has tropical written all over it and it is very refreshing. This is a recipe my husband got from one of his Tongan companions while he was serving a mission for our church. He has always talked about "making" me some for years and never got around to it until tonight! He is in trouble for keeping this recipe from me for so long....just kidding, I love him no matter what!

This is how he makes it: (the simple way, I will tell you the authentic way he was taught down below).
* 1 Pineapple
* 1/4 medium seedless Watermelon
* 1 can of Coconut milk
* 2 TBS sugar, (more to taste, if needed)
* 1 cup of water


 Put everything in the blender and blend it all together, chill for a couple of hours, pour and enjoy! 

The only thing you do different with the "authentic" way is use a fresh Coconut for Coconut cream, we just used a can of Coconut milk. My husband says it tastes the same either way. So whatever you prefer. Also you could use canned Pineapple if you didn't have a fresh Pineapple. This is so simple and refreshing. Please don't forget to follow my blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...